20 years experience | Trusted by pros world-wide
Recently Completed Music Transcription:
Laurence Juber plays his arrangement of the classic Beatles song “Yesterday.” It is played in an altered tuning. Laurence Juber played on many records as a studio musician and ended playing with Sir Paul McCartney with Wings. The arrangement is quite straightforward but captures the essence of the song perfectly. The ending features use of artificial harmonics. Please note that the transcription is based on the studio recording which is a little different from the version on youtube.
What do you do?
- I will transcribe any music recording or video exactly as played — note for note in guitar tablature and/or standard notation.
- I have experience with all genres of guitar and bass playing including altered tunings — Rock, Blues, Jazz, Country, Folk, Classical, Metal, Punk … if I can hear it, I can write it out.
- I also do other stringed instruments such as ukulele, mandolin, banjo, violin etc …
- I can also add vocal parts and lyrics if you want.
- Music Transcriptions can be written in standard notation, tablature, chord symbols, chord diagrams or any combination of the above.
- I will also arrange any music for guitar or guitars or any other instruments or combination.
How accurate are your transcriptions?
- I pride myself on providing note for note 100% accurate music transcriptions — so written exactly as played by the artist.
- I will let you know if I feel I can’t get you a perfect transcription before starting — usually because of bad audio or sloppy playing.
What does this service cost?
- The price depends on the length of the recording.
- and the complexity of the playing.
- I have done jobs running from 10.00 $USD to 800.00 $USD. The average job cost is about 70.00 $USD.
- I am happy to send you a free price quote on any job. Please use the contact form here to send me an email requesting a price.
What if I am not satisfied?
- I have been providing this service to private clients and corporations for over 20 years. I honestly cannot remember a dissatisfied client.
- I will however re-look at any section you are not 100 % satisfied with free of cost. I take pride in my work and will never leave a client hanging.
What is your background and experience?
- I am a pro guitar player and understand the instrument intimately.
- I have a Bachelor Degree in guitar performance and music theory from McGill University in Montreal.
- I have provided this service to thousands of clients for over 20 years. I do all the transcriptions myself. I have subcontracted work in the past but the results were far from satisfactory.
- I have done the transcriptions for the online guitar schools of such artists as Martin Taylor, Brent Mason and Guthrie Trapp.
How do I pay for this?
- I accept all major credit cards and Paypal.
What software do you use?
- I do most of my guitar and bass transcriptions in Guitar-Pro. It is fast to use and provides clear easy to follow transcriptions. Their software is affordable and allows clients to practice with the transcription.
- I can do transcriptions in Sibelius as well if you prefer. These take a little longer to enter in the software. This is usually a better option if you plan on publishing in print form.
Can I see samples of your work?
- Yes — please see my samples page.