20 years experience | Trusted by pros world-wide
Request a free price quote on any job
Recently Completed Music Transcription:
Tuck Andress did an impromptu interpretation of the Thelonious Monk’s classic, ‘Round Midnight on Facebook Live during “Tuck’s Tips for Guitar #42″ — @10’39” minutes. It features a lot interesting chord substitutions and little Tuck Andress-isms. It is also not that complex to play—those who know Tuck Andress’ playing will know that most of his playing is very difficult to reproduce.
What do you do?
- I will transcribe any music recording or video exactly as played — note for note in guitar tablature and/or standard notation.
- I have experience with all genres of guitar and bass playing including altered tunings — Rock, Blues, Jazz, Country, Folk, Classical, Metal, Punk … if I can hear it, I can write it out.
- I also do other stringed instruments such as ukulele, mandolin, banjo, violin etc …
- I can also add vocal parts and lyrics if you want.
- Music Transcriptions can be written in standard notation, tablature, chord symbols, chord diagrams or any combination of the above.
- I will also arrange any music for guitar or guitars or any other instruments or combination.
How accurate are your transcriptions?
- I pride myself on providing note for note 100% accurate music transcriptions — so written exactly as played by the artist.
- I will let you know if I feel I can’t get you a perfect transcription before starting — usually because of bad audio or sloppy playing.
What does this service cost?
- The price depends on the length of the recording.
- and the complexity of the playing.
- I have done jobs running from 10.00 $USD to 800.00 $USD. The average job cost is about 70.00 $USD.
- I am happy to send you a free price quote on any job. Please use the contact form here to send me an email requesting a price.
What if I am not satisfied?
- I have been providing this service to private clients and corporations for over 20 years. I honestly cannot remember a dissatisfied client.
- I will however re-look at any section you are not 100 % satisfied with free of cost. I take pride in my work and will never leave a client hanging.
What is your background and experience?
- I am a pro guitar player and understand the instrument intimately.
- I have a Bachelor Degree in guitar performance and music theory from McGill University in Montreal.
- I have provided this service to thousands of clients for over 20 years. I do all the transcriptions myself. I have subcontracted work in the past but the results were far from satisfactory.
- I have done the transcriptions for the online guitar schools of such artists as Martin Taylor, Brent Mason and Guthrie Trapp.
How do I pay for this?
- I accept all major credit cards and Paypal.
What software do you use?
- I do most of my guitar and bass transcriptions in Guitar-Pro. It is fast to use and provides clear easy to follow transcriptions. Their software is affordable and allows clients to practice with the transcription.
- I can do transcriptions in Sibelius as well if you prefer. These take a little longer to enter in the software. This is usually a better option if you plan on publishing in print form.
Can I see samples of your work?
- Yes — please see my samples page.